Personal information we collect
- Your name
- Your contact phone number, and/or
- Your email address
Collection, management and purpose of personal information
- Personal information is collected when entered on the webforms on the website. The information collected allows us to:
- Respond to queries or requests. This will involve forwarding the information to either Melbourne Comprehensive Eye Surgeons or Sunbury Eye Surgeons and arranging for a staff member to contact you
- Obtain your feedback
- Conduct surveys
- Perform audits or analyses of the performance of the website
- The information is stored temporarily on a secure server overseas for our use only and is not sold or leased to third parties in any way. We also do not disclose your information for marketing purposes (i.e. to send marketing material to you).
- Any additional information collected at the practices are stored separately and subject to their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. These policies can be accessed by contacting the practices directly at www.mces.melbourne and www.sunburyeyesurgeons.com.au. This may be necessary to access past health records, develop a diagnostic plan and therapeutic management plan which may or may not involve collaboration with other medical practitioners and/or optometrists.
- If you have concerns about entering your details onto a webform, you can contact the practices directly with your queries. Please note that your details will still be required if an appointment is requested.
- Apart from MCES and SES, we may disclose your personal information to certain third parties such as government or regulatory bodies in accordance with our responsibilities.
You can choose to remain anonymous, however that will impede on our ability to respond to your queries and requests and will prevent us from arranging a consultation at either of the practices.
Gaining access and keeping your information current
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your information is kept current. You can request to access it however this is subject to some limited exceptions permitted or required by law. If you feel your information is incorrect, incomplete, or out of date, please contact the Privacy Officer in writing using the “Contact Us” details below and we will take reasonable steps to correct it.
Cookies and web beacons
Cookies and web beacons are tools that automatically collect information such as your IP address. They have a variety of functions ranging from generating a webform pre-filled with your name and email address, to allowing us to identify unique visitors to our website according to geographic origin. Web beacons such as Google Analytics allow the tracking of content access and usage. These tools enable us to improve the performance and effectiveness of the website.
You can choose not to accept cookies. A popup window will appear in your browser upon your first visit requesting your consent by checking a box. You can also delete cookies from your device or computer at any time by accessing your browser settings and deleting cookies. In some instances, you may need to also clear your browser’s cache history.
Google Analytics Privacy Notice
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic and to improve our website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with any Personal Data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can also choose to opt-out of Google Analytics by installing this add-on. Its use is governed by Google’s terms and conditions. It is available for most browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Firefox and Opera).
This website includes social media links to Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Any information provided on these social media platforms may be collected and used by members of those social media applications and as such their collection and use are governed by privacy policies of those companies.
If you wish to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Privacy Officer using the contact details below. Our Privacy Officer will assess and respond to your complaint within 30 days.
Updated August 2018